- Creative Writing Classes are very popular.
- Children are shown the “golden rules” of writing a story.
- Students are taught on 1:1 basis or in small groups .
- Students brainstorm an idea.
- Students are taught how to plan their story – they have a start, middle and conclusion for their story.
- Students list the key points that will appear in each paragraph.
- Students work to a specific time frame – usually one hour.
- Students write their story.
The key learning tools gained from this class include:
- Concentrating and focusing on a task.
- Working with others in brainstorming ideas and doing so within an allocated time.
- Nurturing the ability to express the ideas and showing the individual how to “get his/her ideas down on paper.”
- Developing the imaginative side of the brain.
- Focusing on paragraphs, length of sentences and spelling.
- Practice re-reading what has been written to improve it’s meaning.
- Completing the task within the hour.
- Reading the finished stories to the group.
Dates and Fees
Fee: €16 per half hour
Daily Classes available during Easter and Summer Camps.