Camp 6: Animation & Art
Summer Animation & Art Camp
Animation & Art Camp is a very popular camp and well attended each year. Many students return to this camp each Summer to advance their work and produce more challenging animated films.
This Summer we have added an advanced class for these students. They will learn how to animate various characters who will appear in each frame doing different things. Students will learn how to incorporate dialogue as well as adding special effects to their films.
Students as young as six years of age attend this camp. Students are grouped according to age and level. This camp rotates around separate work-stations.
This camp concentrates on:
(a) Classical Animation which is Art and Sketching
(d) Stop-Motion Film
(e) Computer Animation – 2D and 3D computer packages
Students are taught the basic skills in each and may decide to concentrate or specialise in any one of these sections.
Students are shown how to prepare and design their storyboards, they also learn how to make the characters for their film from Claymation, they learn how to use cameras to “shoot” different scenes and they learn computer animation where they explore creating characters for their films on the computer using specific animation software packages.
We would encourage students to bring their own cameras as they will be shown how to use them to best effect. On completion of this camp, they will have gained the knowledge and skill needed to produce films using their cameras.
- Week 1: Tuesday, 8th June – Friday, 7th June
- Week 2: Monday, 14th June – Friday, 18th June
- Week 3: Monday, 21st June – Friday, 25th June
- Week 4: Monday, 28th June – Friday, 2nd July
- Week 5: Monday, 5th July – Friday, 9th July
- Week 6: Monday, 12th July – Friday, 16th July
- Week 7: Monday, 19th July – Friday, 23rd July
- Week 8: Monday, 26th July – Friday, 30th July
- Week 9: Monday, 3rd August – Friday, 6th August
- Week 10: Tuesday, 9th August – Friday, 13th August
- Week 11: Monday, 16th August – Friday, 20th August
Times: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Please Remember: Bring Morning Snacks, Packed Lunch, Bottle of Water