Summer Baking Camp
The baking camp is a very enjoyable hands-on camp for girls and boys and the students are extremely busy for the duration of the camp.
- All students begin by wearing their Columbus Club aprons and hats. Students are taught about hygiene and safety in the kitchen.
- Students learn to bake cakes such as Victoria Sponges, Chocolate Swiss Rolls and Strawberry and Cream Swiss Rolls.
- Students will learn to bake a range of pastries, biscuits, and cookies.
- Students will learn to bake muffins – chocolate chip muffins – blueberry muffins – raspberry muffins.
- They will make a selection of shortbread and gingerbread men.
- Students will learn to bake White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink Buttercream Icing and White Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Icing and mini chocolate nests.
- Students will learn to bake a selection of breads and scones.
- The variety of items baked each week will differ to ensure that there is variety and new recipes to choose from all the time.
- We will present “Baker of the Day” and “Baker of the Week” Prizes each week during the camps.
- Best of all, students get to take home everything they bake.
- Week 1: Tuesday, 4th June – Friday, 7th June
- Week 2: Monday, 10th June – Friday, 14th June
- Week 3: Monday, 17th June – Friday, 21st June
- Week 4: Monday, 24th June – Friday, 28th June
- Week 5: Monday, 1st July – Friday, 5th July
- Week 6: Monday, 8th July – Friday, 12th July
- Week 7: Monday, 15th July – Friday, 19th July
- Week 8: Monday, 22nd July – Friday, 26th July
- Week 9: Monday, 29th July – Friday, 2nd August
- Week 10: Tuesday, 6th August – Friday, 9th August
- Week 11: Monday, 12th August – Friday, 16th August
Times: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Pre-Camp 8.15am – 9.00am, Free of Charge
Post-Camp: 3.00pm – 6:00pm (€7 per hour)
Please Remember: Bring Morning Snacks, Packed Lunch, Bottle of Water
Bank Holiday weeks / 4 days a week €135