The Film & Cinematography Camp is a very popular camp for both boys and girls. Students learn a series of new skills in this camp. They experience new skills including learning to script-write, perform, direct and produce as well as learning about lighting, sound, costume design and make-up.
Every student makes their own short film, saves it on to DVD and takes it home at the end of the week. This is a hands-on camp which teaches students all aspects of film-making. Each student in his/her role as director, chooses his/her film crew from the group. Students have the opportunity to “shoot” each scene in character.
This camp is attended by girls and boys and enjoyed equally well by both genders. Students have a fun time during this very busy hands-on camp. This Summer we are starting on day one with an exciting script. Students will experience all aspects of completing the film by home time that day. Students will be involved immediately from the very first moment.
On subsequent days, students will prepare scripts of their own in groups and learn and experience for themselves more detail on each of the component parts involved in making their daily films. Their work and completed films will be saved on DVD and ready to bring home at the end of the week.
The Drama workshop will involve:
- Acting workshops
- Performing a weekly show
- Costume Design
- Set Design
During the week, students also practice playing a wide variety of drama games and are given numerous opportunities to develop their inter-personal skills, their communication skills and their team-building skills as well as being encouraged to try new roles and learn from a range of new learning experiences in the company of other children.
The highlight of the week will be when the children perform a weekly show which they have worked on together at the camp.
- Week 1: Tuesday, 8th June – Friday, 7th June
- Week 2: Monday, 14th June – Friday, 18th June
- Week 3: Monday, 21st June – Friday, 25th June
- Week 4: Monday, 28th June – Friday, 2nd July
- Week 5: Monday, 5th July – Friday, 9th July
- Week 6: Monday, 12th July – Friday, 16th July
- Week 7: Monday, 19th July – Friday, 23rd July
- Week 8: Monday, 26th July – Friday, 30th July
- Week 9: Monday, 3rd August – Friday, 6th August
- Week 10: Tuesday, 9th August – Friday, 13th August
- Week 11: Monday, 16th August – Friday, 20th August
Times: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Please Remember: Bring Morning Snacks, Packed Lunch, Bottle of Water